Monday, November 12, 2007

Amazon Beef

Have you ever eaten at that Brazilian Barbecue Restaurant that everyone is always talking about? Me neither. But my wife recently bought me the latest release from my favorite Swedish band, "kent," from Amazon.com and they have not impressed. The album is an import and she hoped to avoid messing with international shipping and exchange rates by buying it from Amazon. The album was released on October 17 and Amazon initially promised delivery by October 23, then it was pushed back to November 1, then November 6, then November 8, then January 1! All the while Amazon was blaming kent saying that they had pushed back the release date, which was ridiculous because I could read on kent fan sites about the album and how others had received their copies from other vendors. After sending Amazon a bitter email the CD was finally shipped "early" on November 8. It bugs me that Amazon customers who got their Harry Potter books a day late got it for free, but they just push back kent deliveries willy-nilly. Thus my Amazon Beef.

I setup some kent videos on the side bar so you can hear some of their music. More of it is on youtube.com including their latest single Ingenting (Translation: Nothing). Another kent side not; my screen name Isola comes from one of their albums.

No comments: